Research indicates that Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine can be successfully used to help regulate menstrual cycles, reduce stress, and support FERTILITY whether trying to get pregnant naturally or using IVF, IUI, or any other treatments.
The benefits of acupuncture for fertility (female AND male) can have numerous positive effects, including:
- Higher rates of pregnancy and live births
- Regulation of erratic menstrual cycles
- Hormone regulation that helps produce higher numbers of follicles during IVF stimulation
- Increased blood flow to the reproductive organs and increased thickness of the uterine lining
- Improved sperm quality and quantity
- Relief from side effects of fertility medications
- Reduction in stress, anxiety, and depression, and deep relaxation
- Strengthened the immune system
How can It Help?
Acupuncture has been recommended to help relieve conditions that affect fertility, such as:
- Diminished Ovarian Reserve
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Irregular Menstrual Cycles
- Premature Ovarian Failure
- Advanced Maternal Age
- Luteal Phase Defect/Low Progesterone Levels
- Recurrent Miscarriages
- Poor Egg Quality
- Thin Uterine/Endometrial Lining
- Unexplained Fertility
- High or Elevated FSH
One of the factors that could be preventing pregnancy is stress. Studies have shown that women going through IVF under stress decreases the pregnancy rate. Acupuncture is deeply relaxing to both the mind and body, helping to reduce the internal stress and anxiety that often accompanies your fertility journey.
Helps With IVF
Some studies have shown that acupuncture before an IVF can have a positive effect on the success rates of pregnancy. The relation may come from the relaxation that acupuncture promotes.
Our Acupuncture Treatment
Acupuncture treatments are not only used as a complementary treatment for infertility but are also used to treat a variety of ailments and as preventative medical care. Speak with us today to learn how we can help you achieve optimal health!